Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our First Blog

Ezra's first first ascent.
On Friday, we went into the Blue Hills to scout out some new boulder problems. Ezra found some boulders just his size and put up a couple of problems. It was fun to be out, there is a wealth of pint sized boulders out there perfect for pint sized climbers.

The first climb he put up is called ABϞCD. We got him some Mad Rock Mad Monkey children's climbing shoes and they're really cool. I'm actually jealous because he's so light, those shoes will stick on even the tiniest crystals and edges.
This is documentation of Ezra's first climbing related injury. He got scraped up on this fall because mom was spotting while also holding baby Travis. Dad abandoned her so he could get a sweet photo. Unfortunately, the photo didn't work out, and Ezra got scraped on his leg, side and arm. The things we do for sweet photos.
Here he is working his latest problem called Half Pint. It's a tricky lay back to a good edge with a sloping topout. He'll get it next time.
Ezra's favorite descent route.

10 comments:

Clay Allred said...

Love the Blog. AB/CD so funny... Ha

Pete and Repete said...

Dang, I wanted to make the first comment. "cleslie" beat me to it. Half pint... yeah, tell Ezra I've been there too. It didn't even take me that long to master the ascent. I was featured with my dyno pic there last fall in CWTSBH Magazine. That's "Climbers Who Take the Short Bus Home" if you're not a subscriber. -Sweet Blog! - keep it up.

Taylor said...

Awesome! What a stud.

Brooke said...

I wish Peter would give me a desent route like that! Lucky!!!

I stoked you guys are finally bloggers! 'Bout time.

Brooke said...

PS FoftheC ROCKS!!! Awesome song too:)

Taylor said...

p.s. I sent you an invite to our blog. so keep an eye out for it.

Danny and Erin said...

awesome blog. so so cute travis. ezra is getting so big. you guys are awesome

Leslie said...

That chalk bag in rockin. Where did you get that?

Chris, Megan, Ezra, Travis and Maggie said...

I made the chalk bag by eviscerating one of Ezra' stuffed animals, and then sewing in a liner, belt loops and a draw cord. We even made a ghetto chalk ball out of one of Megan's old nylons.

josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.